Custom Stats - Open Raise

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Custom Stats - Open Raise

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:31 am

I've been trying to set up some custom stats related to open raising and I'd like a little clarification, please.

The docs define "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open" as "Open raised pre-flop?". This should mean no action before you, and you raised, yes?

Column "Holdem Cash Player Statistics / cnt_p_first_raise" is defined as "Number of times the player was first to raise preflop." (i.e. player was first to raise, but not always first to act - there may have been limpers before), and the expression for this is..
[codeq8n]sum( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise > 0 AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp = false AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_ccall = false, 1, 0])[/codeq8n]
If I've understood the above definitions correctly, then this expression must be wrong?
You are checking for open-raising only (not first-raise after limpers), and open-raising by definition excludes the other cases you check for (limping and check-calling), and the cnt_p_raise must always be > 0.

:?: I suspect that "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open" should be defined as "Player opened the action pre-flop (true/false)" meaning they either called or raised.
Clarification of this would really help.

I think a Column like flg_p_first_action_opp (chance to open the action) would be useful. (Or "flg_p_open_opp"?)
..but I can't see how to get it. I know we must be able to because RFI is a % of opportunities.
Obviously we can get open-raised from above, but how can we tell if we called with previous limpers or folded with previous limpers?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Custom Stats - Open Raise

Postby Josh » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:34 pm

[quotezfi]I suspect that "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open" should be defined as "Player opened the action pre-flop (true/false)" meaning they either called or raised.
Clarification of this would really help.[/quotezfi]
You are correct.

You are also correct that it shouldn't be checking for opening action. I defined that stat before I added the "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise" field, so I have updated that column to use that field.

[quotezfi]I think a Column like flg_p_first_action_opp[/quotezfi]
I can't find a way to do this either. I'll be updating the schema to allow for it. Something like flg_p_open_opp.
Josh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Custom Stats - Open Raise

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Thanks.

[quote="Josh"lem][quotelem]I think a Column like flg_p_first_action_opp[/quotelem]
I can't find a way to do this either. I'll be updating the schema to allow for it. Something like flg_p_open_opp.[/quotelem]
So how do you do RFI% ? I know there's no custom stat for this yet, but you must get it from the DB somewhere?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Custom Stats - Open Raise

Postby Josh » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:42 pm

RFI is:

[code3ry](cnt_p_first_raise / (cnt_p_first_raise + cnt_first_limp)) * 100[/code3ry]
Josh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Custom Stats - Open Raise

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:50 pm

Ah, so you don't count opportunities when you fold with no action before you?
I guess that makes sense, if you define RFI as the % of times you raised when you opened the pot.
I would have expected it to be the % of times you raised with an opportunity to open the pot, but I guess we can just make that another stat as long as we know what they are both defined as, and once we get your new flg_p_open_opp.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests