Hands with Beta 6 > Hands with PT3 Final

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Hands with Beta 6 > Hands with PT3 Final

Postby RedSky » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:33 am

Hi, I'm a current PT2 user and have collected a large number of hands in my database. I know from what I have read on your site that importing DB info from PT2 > PT3 would not be clean in the sense that many new features (regarding hand info) in PT3 would not be attached to these hands.
As I will be getting PT3 final as soon as it is released, i've thought about getting a head start on building my pt3 database, including all the new pt3 info for the imported hands by downloading the pt3 beta, then using this database when I get PT3 final.

My question is would this work or will there be additional hand info in PT3 final that is not currently in the PT3 beta 6 release.

Really looking forward to the commercial release! great work guys.

Thanks in advance,

Red
RedSky
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Hands with Beta 6 > Hands with PT3 Final

Postby _dave_ » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:09 am

There will likely be more database changes before final release.

Just keep the hand history files (or have them saved in the database) - and you will be able to import all data in to a PT3 final database.
_dave_
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:19 pm

Re: Hands with Beta 6 > Hands with PT3 Final

Postby RedSky » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:28 am

Thanks for the reply dave, could you tell me which files to save exactly, are they the 'processed files' ? (tmp as I use full tilt)
or do I need to save the hands at another point in another format?

Thanks,
RedSky
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Hands with Beta 6 > Hands with PT3 Final

Postby RedSky » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:41 am

ah, i think i've found out the method in PT2, 'export hand histories to file' , then import them into PT3 when released I guess.

Is this correct?
RedSky
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Hands with Beta 6 > Hands with PT3 Final

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:33 pm

Yes, that's right - although by the time PT3 is released properly there will be an auto-convert so you won't need to do this manually. So far PT3 will only convert your postgres PT2 DBs, not Access ones. As long as you have PT2 storing the hand histories you have all the data you need.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Hands with Beta 6 > Hands with PT3 Final

Postby APerfect10 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:33 pm

[quote="RedSky"lmd]ah, i think i've found out the method in PT2, 'export hand histories to file' , then import them into PT3 when released I guess.

Is this correct?[/quotelmd]

Yes, that will work OR you can save your hand history files (which you appear to be moving) which will accomplish the same feat.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm


Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests