Page 1 of 2
Multi Databases question

Posted:
Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:22 pm
by loustic
I'd like to know, from your experience, if it's a good idea to create multiple databases.
I've planned to create 1 for ring games, 1 for S&Go, and 1 for MTT
Do you think it's a good idea?
Many thanks
Re: Multi Databases question

Posted:
Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:47 pm
by APerfect10
Not a good idea. The hands are already separate in your database by cash and tournaments. Splitting them into separate databases is not going to help anything; it's only going to create more of a headache.
Best regards,
Derek
Re: Multi Databases question

Posted:
Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:57 pm
by loustic
Many thanks for your help :)
Re: Multi Databases question

Posted:
Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:55 pm
by APerfect10
As noted in the PT3 documentation, I suggest creating two databases. One for played hands and one for observed hands. Other than that, I do not recommend separating databases.
Best regards,
Derek
Re: Multi Databases question

Posted:
Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:52 am
by Qaarc
DErek, I have all my hands in a single database. How can I seperate them into 2 separate databases as advised.
Re: Multi Databases question

Posted:
Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:11 pm
by APerfect10
[quote="Qaarc"xs3]DErek, I have all my hands in a single database. How can I seperate them into 2 separate databases as advised.[/quotexs3]
Currently we have not added the functionality to split a database. If you have your hand histories, I suggest creating two new databases (played & observed). Then configure PT3 to import these new hands into their respective databases.
Best regards,
Derek
Re: Multi Databases question

Posted:
Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:09 pm
by Qaarc
I do have the hand history's but they are all in the same location and I have no idea how to determine if they are played or observed.
Re: Multi Databases question

Posted:
Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:13 pm
by Galaxy
The auto-separation into two databases only works for auto-imported hands.
Is this planned this way? It looks like since I only can configure the observed hands DB in the auto-import window.
I would like to see this feature also during manual import. When I manually import hands I somtimes can not distinguish observed and played history files.
Therefore it would be nice PT3 would do this.
-Galaxy
Re: Multi Databases question

Posted:
Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:40 pm
by APerfect10
[quote="Galaxy"kd2]The auto-separation into two databases only works for auto-imported hands.
Is this planned this way? It looks like since I only can configure the observed hands DB in the auto-import window.
I would like to see this feature also during manual import. When I manually import hands I somtimes can not distinguish observed and played history files.
Therefore it would be nice PT3 would do this.
-Galaxy[/quotekd2]
This will be added eventually to the manual import.
Re: Multi Databases question

Posted:
Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:41 pm
by APerfect10
[quote="Qaarc"t1r]I do have the hand history's but they are all in the same location and I have no idea how to determine if they are played or observed.[/quotet1r]
PT3 will automatically separate them into the appropriate database. :) Just make sure that you select the two different databases under the Import->Auto Import->Preferences tab.
Best regards,
Derek