Page 1 of 1
long convert time

Posted:
Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:33 pm
by zedjr
Am converting from a postgresql 8.2 pt2 db into pt3 new postgresql db. IT started off like it wouldnt take froever and now it is doing 2.6 hands a second. 800k hand databse sais it will take 83 hours and probably much longer as the 2.6 hands per second will not do anything but drop. IS this normal for a conversion. AS 800k hands is a small db for me.So far 4.5 hours and only converted 41,400 hands.
Re: long convert time

Posted:
Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:35 pm
by Josh
Is the hand counter still incrementing? It sounds like it locked up somewhere along the way.
Re: long convert time

Posted:
Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:52 pm
by zedjr
the hand counter was at 2.5 hands per second. LOCked up i am not sure about. I had to stop casue i dont have a week to wait on reimport. IS there a solution to this and will try again.
Re: long convert time

Posted:
Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:53 pm
by Josh
I mean the "Hands Imported:" field. Is that number growing?
Re: long convert time

Posted:
Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:54 pm
by zedjr
it stopped i beleive at 41,400 hands
Re: long convert time

Posted:
Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:40 pm
by Josh
I think I may have found the cause of this problem. I'm testing a fix now. Hopefully it will be gone in the next release.