All in preflop

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: All in preflop

Postby rebelry » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:15 pm

Sorry, I found where to put it. I'm still having trouble getting the report to show what I want. I'm not sure what filters I need to put in place or what statistics I should be choosing to show what hole cards a player has gone all in with preflop. I'll keep trying and when I get what I want I'll post back what I've done in case anyone else is struggling like me! Thanks for your help :oops:
rebelry
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: All in preflop

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:24 pm

You will have to add a few stats to your report. Make the report in 'holdem cash hands' and add the "Hole 1" and "Hole 2", or "Hand" stats.
Then once you have the report working - it will show all your hands - click the Filters link and enter the string we gave above.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: All in preflop

Postby rebelry » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:51 am

Thank you very much for your help, I've got it to display now. Sorry for asking such simple questions! :mrgreen:
rebelry
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: All in preflop

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:32 am

No problem - glad you could get it working!
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: All in preflop

Postby SaiYeN » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:31 pm

instead of creating a stat for something so simple, u can just put holdem_hand_player_statistics.enum_allin='P' into the filter for the report.

P.S. enum_allin works with starting stack sizes which imo should be changed to go with effective stacks. for example, you call a shortstack's shove allin preflop headsup, enum_allin will not be 'P'.
SaiYeN
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:49 pm

Re: All in preflop

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:33 am

SaiYeN wrote:P.S. enum_allin works with starting stack sizes which imo should be changed to go with effective stacks. for example, you call a shortstack's shove allin preflop headsup, enum_allin will not be 'P'.

Personally, I agree that the effective stacks need a bit of fine tuning, but we had a bit of a discussion about these when it was introduced, and it's really complicated to get a one-size-fits-all solution because you don't know who you're going to end up actually playing against.
The enum_allin field is tricky too - you may not always be all in, but if someone else is it does affect how you play.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Previous

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest