Logical problems with stat Face Raise and Face Limp

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Logical problems with stat Face Raise and Face Limp

Postby preparac » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:41 pm

Ok thanx, we will see
preparac
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 am

Re: Logical problems with stat Face Raise and Face Limp

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:38 am

OK, I think I have your 4 cases.

1. Open opp; you know about.

2. One or more limpers; this has proved to be the tricky one. I think what we need is:
call-BB-opp AND NOT open-opp AND NOT BB-walk
(where call-BB-opp includes opp to check from BB)

3. One or more raises; NOT call-BB-opp AND NOT open-opp.

4. BB Walk; your forumla looks good.

The previous-limpers one gets really complicated because of the BB cases, so #2 will be a really complicated column.
I've just built mine the 'holdem cash hands' section as it's simpler to test the cases there, but I'm sure it will translate into your 'holdem tournament player statistics' section.

I have defined the opportunity to call BB (or check in BB) column like this:

flg_call_bb_opp = (NOT holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp OR holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise
- this is limp-opp with the BB case removed.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Logical problems with stat Face Raise and Face Limp

Postby preparac » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:14 pm

I controled it : now it works. All 4 cases together make it up to cnt_hands now!
Thank you whiterider
preparac
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 am

Re: Logical problems with stat Face Raise and Face Limp

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:35 pm

Great!
If you have stats that you're happy with, and want to share them with other users, please submit them to the Repository.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Logical problems with stat Face Raise and Face Limp

Postby preparac » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:13 pm

Yeah sure I will

... But now I'm struggeling wiht the stat which should me give the percentage of folding/calling/raising after limper(s)

I try to make stats cnt_p_fold/limp/raise when players faces a limp (as we defined it in this thread) but - to make it easier - ruling out all cases where there ist a raise after the first act of the player.

I built something like

(cnt (flg_p_fold=true AND flg_p_opp_op=false AND flg_p_face_raise=false) - cnt_p_walk ) / cnt_face-limp with the checker flg_p_face_raise=false) * 100

and the same wiht the flg_p_limp=true and the flg_p_first_raise=true cases

... but putting this three stats together it gives me only something about 90%. It seems to me that either I am missing 10% of the cases where the player ist acting after limpers or - more likely - that I have a problem with the denominator, whre I schuoul to rule out something more than flg_p_face_raise=false ...

You ahve any idea where I make the mistake??

SGL-logics make me little bit fuzzy it seems ...
preparac
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 am

Re: Logical problems with stat Face Raise and Face Limp

Postby preparac » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:36 am

... ok, I know, I forgot the cases where I can check in the BB ...
preparac
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 am

Re: Logical problems with stat Face Raise and Face Limp

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:29 am

In Beta 19, there is a newly accessible database field which records all player actions, so if you want to know specifically what your first action is, you can use this.
Have a look at this post in the Custom Stats FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8028#p63120
(you want the bit about "lookup_actions_<street>.action")
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Previous

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests