Question about custom stat

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Question about custom stat

Postby pkrlvr » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:02 pm

I am using the custom stat fold to 3bet from the repository in my HUD. When I hover the mouse over this stat it brings up a tool tip displaying the % but does not give the numbers that it is using to produce this value, just F3B - 35%. When I hover over say PFR or VPIP it will bring up a tool tip displaying the % along with the numbers it used to reach that value, for example VPIP - 50% (20/40) . Is there a way to get this to display for the custom stat as well?
pkrlvr
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: Question about custom stat

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:31 am

EDIT: I'm not sure why it doesn't work for that Custom Stat, but it works for the ones that I've built..
I can't see anything different that would cause the problem, but I'll try to find out.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Question about custom stat

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:57 am

OK, I've worked it out - it seems to not work for cases where the number of opportunities is zero, so the stat gives a divide by zero error.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Question about custom stat

Postby pkrlvr » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:48 pm

I thought that may be the case as well but I have checked it against players who have a value other than 0% and it doesn't work for them either.
pkrlvr
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: Question about custom stat

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:01 pm

Sorry, no, you're right - I tried that this morning but I must have been looking at the wrong stat.
I'll see if I can get you an answer..
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Question about custom stat

Postby SaiYeN » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:52 pm

is there any way to get those numbers to appear in the popup list?
SaiYeN
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:49 pm

Re: Question about custom stat

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Yes, I just discovered a workaround, but it involves creating a new stat (or changing the formatting if it is a custom stat).
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10157
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Question about custom stat

Postby pkrlvr » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:43 pm

This may be a bit nitty of me but is there a way to get these numbers to only display in the tooltip or popup? For the popup I guess you could just duplicate all your stats and add the formatting to them and use those for only the popup but what about the tooltip?
pkrlvr
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: Question about custom stat

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:00 pm

No, not yet - this will be added.
The workaround I mentioned isn't really a workable solution for a lot of stats, but it does at least give the option to set up a few for use in the pop ups.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Question about custom stat

Postby pkrlvr » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:22 pm

Thanks for your help, the workaround is much better than not having the info at all.
pkrlvr
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:52 pm


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests