Page 1 of 2

How to use substring "lookup_actions_<street>.action")

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:08 pm
by preparac
I do not understand how to use the new Database field "lookup_actions_<street>.action"

When I take a column you have created like
cnt_p_limp_raise = sum( if[tourney_holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND substring(lookup_actions_p.action from 2 for 1)='R', 1, 0] )
or I take the condition you mention in the FAQ "sum( if [substring(lookup_actions_f.action from 1 for 2) = 'XR', 1, 0] )" to create a column like
sum(if[tourney_holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise = true AND substring(lookup_actions_f.action from 1 for 2) = 'XR', 1, 0])
and I test them in a colums in a Report, they give me absurd values. More: using statstics based on this lookup-columns they afect alsy other statistics in the report. For example suddenley the report counts 2,5 Million Hands in a Database where there are only 50'000 hands an alos other stats like the number of limps etc. are dramatically inflated...

What I'm missing?
And anyway: What is the logic of the part "action from 2 for 1" or "action from 1 for 2" or "action from 2"??

thanx for your help

Re: How to use substring "lookup_actions_<street>.action")

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:35 am
by WhiteRider
Yes, I see strange behaviour with this column too, in the tournament section, but I've tried it for cash games and it works fine, so I guess this may be the issue. I'll try to find out about this from the development team.

"from 2 for 1" starts at the 2nd character and includes 1 character; "from 1 for 3" starts at the first character and includes 3 characters.

Re: How to use substring "lookup_actions_<street>.action")

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:44 pm
by preparac
thank you for investigating
preparac

Re: How to use substring "lookup_actions_<street>.action")

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:45 pm
by preparac
Hi whiterider
You allready could check out this one? Or you know if you will have soon a Idea about it. Because if you don't have time for this problem, I will try to do the stats whitout the lookup column

Re: How to use substring "lookup_actions_<street>.action")

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:51 pm
by kraada
We are currently investigating what's going on with the Tournament side of things, but I can't say for sure when we'll get an answer for you.

Re: How to use substring "lookup_actions_<street>.action")

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:41 pm
by preparac
ok, thanx

Re: How to use substring "lookup_actions_<street>.action")

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:07 pm
by preparac
FYI, I'm now sure that there is a serious problem with the lookup_street_action field in the tourney section:

I was experimenting quite alot with custom stats and used for some stats the lookup_street_action DB-field in the tourney section. There seems to be really a bug with this DB-field, as it doesn't only gives sometimes weird results in the reports (millions of hands for a single player...) but also it causes a terrible slowdown when I tried to update the cache (runnnig for days with my basic DB before I finaly shot down the process, or for example running 6 minutes for 1000 hands!)...
Since I deleted the custom stats (columns) using the lookup_street_action field, I do not have problems any more ... my DB now uptdates the cache in 45 minutes.

cliffnotes: There is a bug with the lookup_street_action DB-field in the tourney section. If you have problems updating your cache, watch your customs stats ...

Re: How to use substring "lookup_actions_<street>.action")

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:09 am
by kraada
Thanks for the heads up; do you know which actual stats you had in the database at the time of the problems? It would really help us pin down the issue at hand.

Re: How to use substring "lookup_actions_<street>.action")

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:02 pm
by feint06
Damn, I guessing this is why my update cache is taking so long after doing the donk flop stat for tournaments... Guess I will have to delete that stat until this is resolved since its been 7 hours now and its still updating cache...

Re: How to use substring "lookup_actions_<street>.action")

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:22 am
by preparac
you found out anything on this problem?