Page 1 of 1

latest note in HUD?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:34 pm
by mtagliaf
I would like to display the latest note on each player in the HUD. Has anyone done this?

It looks like you can create a column based on table notes.notes, but I'm not sure what the system will do if there exists more than one note on a player.

alternately, perhaps I can create a column that shows only the note that begins with a custom string, say, "HUD:", using the sum(if...)) type functionality. Then I can just make sure that only one note exists that starts with HUD.

Any guidance in getting this working would be appreciated. I will be working on it this afternoon.

Re: latest note in HUD?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:19 pm
by kraada
As I said, I haven't tried it myself; I would recommend trying it and see what you can make work. Though I'm not aware of any way to display notes in the HUD at this time.

Re: latest note in HUD?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:39 pm
by mtagliaf
thanks. I tried to set up a column that pointed to max(notes.notes), and get it going in the HUD, it ended up displaying the same note for all players at the table. It looks like the HUD isn't smart enough to link the note to the Player_ID.

I'll keep trying