Low STT ROIs

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Low STT ROIs

Postby Grohl_ » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi all,
I mainly play STTs (Single Table Tournaments) and have been tracking a lot of regulars. I am now interested in building a report that displays their average entry, number of tournaments played and ROI. I had a little play around with the reports but don't see how this is possible?? The 'Cash Games' tab seems to have a Summary section where I can get total stats, but this doesn't seem to exist on the tournament side of things.

Any advice would be VERY useful!

Thanks, Nick
Grohl_
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:06 pm

Re: Low STT ROIs

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:52 pm

You can do this but you will have to use the Reports tab to create a custom report.
Choose the Holdem Tournament Tournaments section and add the stats that you want.
You will need to click the 'filters' link in the report config section and uncheck 'filter to active player only' so that you see results for all players. You may also want to add a filter there for the number of tournaments they have played.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Low STT ROIs

Postby Grohl_ » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:57 pm

Oh ok, I understand why that's the area to build the report, but I'm not sure that it's possible to create what I want... I'd like it to look like so:

Site / Player / Tournaments / Average Buy-in / ROI / Net Won

I don't understand how to create the Player column though? I know some SQL, but where would I type it? I imagine I have to group by player here...
Grohl_
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:06 pm

Re: Low STT ROIs

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:48 am

All of those stats are already available in that section apart from 'Site' (which is complicated because of the possibilities of aliases). Just find them in the stat list and double click to add them to the report.
I would really recommend adding a filter on the number of tournaments or your report will be huge (with a row for every player) and it will probably still take a while to run.
e.g.
#Tournaments#>5
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Low STT ROIs

Postby Grohl_ » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:25 pm

I just don't get this... :(

Player does not exist as a report stat option when looking at 'Holdem Tournament Tournaments' Config!
Grohl_
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:06 pm

Re: Low STT ROIs

Postby kraada » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:24 pm

If you want to see all players, click on the Filters button and uncheck "Filter on Active Player" and then it will show you data from all players. Player is a stat in that report category though; look in the bottom left box (I just checked, it really is there).
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Low STT ROIs

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:02 pm

Are you using Beta 23?
Click Configure -> Configure Stats and choose the Holdem Tournament Tournaments section and go to the Statistics tab - do you see Player in the list there?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Low STT ROIs

Postby Grohl_ » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:56 am

Version 3, build 3.
Player is not there, no.
Grohl_
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:06 pm

Re: Low STT ROIs

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:17 am

Please update to the latest version: Beta 24
Download and install PT3.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Low STT ROIs

Postby Grohl_ » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:58 pm

I have noticed that STT results are only captured by Pokertracker3 when I am one of the final 2... this is really irritating!

Why is this the case??
Grohl_
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:06 pm

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests