custom report: 2-3bb btn steal effectiveness by hand

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

custom report: 2-3bb btn steal effectiveness by hand

Postby feint06 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:33 am

I started a new thread because my goals have gone in a different direction from last time.

What I want:

To see which hands I can profitably raise 2-3bb from the button at big blind 100, 150, and 200.


I first made a custom report that showed amount won, hand #, date, hand, filtered by position=0, #PF Raise#, and #Saw Flop#

That was good, but it showed each individual hand. I'd like to group the hands together (22, 33, AKs, AKo, etc) rather than having each time I had 22 as a separate row. I also couldn't figure out how to filter by blind level (#Big Blind#=150 was "not a valid expression").


So then I thought, 'well why don't I just go to the hands tab instead, and use filters?' -- that works, but I still can't filter by blind level and I couldn't see how to filter by raise amount (I want to exclude the times I shove).


So what is the best way of going about this? Custom report based on some custom stat that groups all indentical starting cards together? Or somehow get a custom filter in the "hands tab"


This is for tournaments, by the way, although I don't think that part will make much difference.
feint06
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Re: custom report: 2-3bb btn steal effectiveness by hand

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:40 pm

If you use the Reports tab and choose the 'Holdem Tournament Player Statistics' section, you can add the Hand, Blinds, and Amount Won stats and it will show you what you want - a row for each combination of holecards and blinds (but if you have the same hand at the same level more than once, these will be combined).

If you want to filter by level you will need to use the "Blinds" stat, not "Blind" (which, in the Holdem Tournament Hand section, for instance, is a boolean stat).
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: custom report: 2-3bb btn steal effectiveness by hand

Postby feint06 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:59 pm

WhiteRider wrote:If you use the Reports tab and choose the 'Holdem Tournament Player Statistics' section, you can add the Hand, Blinds, and Amount Won stats and it will show you what you want - a row for each combination of holecards and blinds (but if you have the same hand at the same level more than once, these will be combined).

If you want to filter by level you will need to use the "Blinds" stat, not "Blind" (which, in the Holdem Tournament Hand section, for instance, is a boolean stat).



Thanks, that was a big help. Now I have a report under section: "holdem tournament player statistics"

with the following in report stats:

hole cards
times
cbet flop
WTSD
amount won


I've used the following general database filters:

Blinds: $150 NL (6 max) AND Position = 0 AND Raise First In



But I'm having trouble finding a way to exclude the times I went all-in. How can I do this (preferably without having to make a custom stat & updating cache)?
feint06
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Re: custom report: 2-3bb btn steal effectiveness by hand

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:18 am

The Actions (and Facing) tab has All-in filters. Select the All-in Preflop option, 'add selected to filters', select it on the right and click 'NOT'.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: custom report: 2-3bb btn steal effectiveness by hand

Postby feint06 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:54 am

Beautiful, thanks!

Perhaps I'm getting too greedy, but is there a way I can double-click on the hole cards and open up a window that shows a summary for each time I had that hand (just like the hands tab)?
feint06
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Re: custom report: 2-3bb btn steal effectiveness by hand

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:44 am

feint06 wrote:Perhaps I'm getting too greedy, but is there a way I can double-click on the hole cards and open up a window that shows a summary for each time I had that hand (just like the hands tab)?

Sorry, I can't help you with that one.. Hopefully this kind of functionality will be added at some point, but for now you'll have to go back to the Hands tab to do that.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: custom report: 2-3bb btn steal effectiveness by hand

Postby feint06 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:37 pm

Thanks for all your help. I played around some more and wound up just using these filters for the database and then looking through the hands tab (could see both groups, and each individual hand). Worked perfectly :) Now I just need more to play more hands since the filter cut 800,000 total hands to just 1,000 at specific blind level/positions...
feint06
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:18 pm


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest