Flawed Report made it to the Repository

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Flawed Report made it to the Repository

Postby Pokaholic » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:39 am

I posted about this last Monday in http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14484. Either I am wrong and nobody cares to correct me OR Noone has bothered to read my post. Either way, I believe I am right. The text of the above mentioned post is below:

I believe the "Detailed Results per Limit 2" report is over-stating the number and percentage of VPPs earned for players at Full Ring games. It appears that there is a VPP counted when the pot reaches $.40, $2.00 and $3.00. Therefore a pot raked for $3.00 is accumulating 3 VPPs instead of the 2 Vpps it should. I think this is contributed to trying to make one calculation to cover full ring and 6-max, which each earn the second Vpp at a different rake amount.



I came to this conclusion becasue at the end of January, PT3 indicates that I have earned approximately 13% more VPPs for the month than were displayed in the Stars client. Consider that I also played some Omaha and Tournys, which also accrued VPPs, there has to be something wrong with the calculations being used to compute VPPs in the report.

I realize that this is not really a big deal, but for those using this report for an estimate of the number of hands needed to achieve a VIP Level they are underestimating the number of hands they need to play and time involved. Also, passing on bad percentages to others, such as 2+2, is not good for credibility.
Pokaholic
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:01 pm

Re: Flawed Report made it to the Repository

Postby kraada » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:24 pm

I didn't build that report, but I'll make sure someone is notified to see about removing it.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests