Hey Derrick

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hey Derrick

Postby VBCardinal » Sun May 11, 2008 3:27 pm

I have moved my issues here. I removed all the previous software including Postgre, then I reinstalled the Beta 11 with Postgre. When I tried to reinstall the Postgre, I got the following error message:

Failed to run initdb: 1!
Please see login file C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\tmp\initdb.log'
VBCardinal
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:16 pm

Re: Hey Derrick

Postby WhiteRider » Sun May 11, 2008 4:53 pm

Did you completely uninstall postgres - make sure you read the instructions here.
http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2136
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Hey Derrick

Postby VBCardinal » Sun May 11, 2008 5:56 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Did you completely uninstall postgres - make sure you read the instructions here.
http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2136


Well, I already looked in the control panel under add/remove programs and can't really find anything that looks like Postgre to remove. I'm stumped.
:?
VBCardinal
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:16 pm

Re: Hey Derrick

Postby APerfect10 » Sun May 11, 2008 5:56 pm

Please read Attn: Vista Users Installing PostgreSQL 8.3. You will need to download and manually install PostgreSQL 8.2.7. If you have problems installing 8.2.7, please reply back and I will gladly assist you.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Hey Derrick

Postby VBCardinal » Sun May 11, 2008 6:00 pm

APerfect10 wrote:Please read Attn: Vista Users Installing PostgreSQL 8.3. You will need to download and manually install PostgreSQL 8.2.7. If you have problems installing 8.2.7, please reply back and I will gladly assist you.

Best regards,

Derek


I'm sorry. I'm obviously confusing you by putting this inquiry in the wrong forum. I don't have Vista. I put this in the wrong forum - I'm sorry. But I still can't install the durn thing.
VBCardinal
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:16 pm

Re: Hey Derrick

Postby WhiteRider » Sun May 11, 2008 6:07 pm

VBCardinal wrote:Well, I already looked in the control panel under add/remove programs and can't really find anything that looks like Postgre to remove. I'm stumped.

What I meant was, maybe you uninstalled postgres, but the postgres user is still active. Did you do the command prompt bit about deleting the postgres user? (I forget the command, but it's in the post I linked to).
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Hey Derrick

Postby VBCardinal » Sun May 11, 2008 6:36 pm

WhiteRider wrote:
VBCardinal wrote:Well, I already looked in the control panel under add/remove programs and can't really find anything that looks like Postgre to remove. I'm stumped.

What I meant was, maybe you uninstalled postgres, but the postgres user is still active. Did you do the command prompt bit about deleting the postgres user? (I forget the command, but it's in the post I linked to).


Well, what you wrote was: Then you issue the command "net user postgres /delete" as administrator to remove the postgres user, which allows the new version to install correctly.

Except I'm such an idiot, I have no idea how to do this. I'm sorry to be bothering you with this.
VBCardinal
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:16 pm

Re: Hey Derrick

Postby APerfect10 » Mon May 12, 2008 12:46 am

Go Start->Run, 'cmd' -> OK.

At the command prompt type:

Code: Select all
net user postgres /delete

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm


Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest