Page 1 of 1

Hey Derrick

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:27 pm
by VBCardinal
I have moved my issues here. I removed all the previous software including Postgre, then I reinstalled the Beta 11 with Postgre. When I tried to reinstall the Postgre, I got the following error message:

Failed to run initdb: 1!
Please see login file C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\tmp\initdb.log'

Re: Hey Derrick

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:53 pm
by WhiteRider
Did you completely uninstall postgres - make sure you read the instructions here.
http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2136

Re: Hey Derrick

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:56 pm
by VBCardinal
WhiteRider wrote:Did you completely uninstall postgres - make sure you read the instructions here.
http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2136


Well, I already looked in the control panel under add/remove programs and can't really find anything that looks like Postgre to remove. I'm stumped.
:?

Re: Hey Derrick

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:56 pm
by APerfect10
Please read Attn: Vista Users Installing PostgreSQL 8.3. You will need to download and manually install PostgreSQL 8.2.7. If you have problems installing 8.2.7, please reply back and I will gladly assist you.

Best regards,

Derek

Re: Hey Derrick

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:00 pm
by VBCardinal
APerfect10 wrote:Please read Attn: Vista Users Installing PostgreSQL 8.3. You will need to download and manually install PostgreSQL 8.2.7. If you have problems installing 8.2.7, please reply back and I will gladly assist you.

Best regards,

Derek


I'm sorry. I'm obviously confusing you by putting this inquiry in the wrong forum. I don't have Vista. I put this in the wrong forum - I'm sorry. But I still can't install the durn thing.

Re: Hey Derrick

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:07 pm
by WhiteRider
VBCardinal wrote:Well, I already looked in the control panel under add/remove programs and can't really find anything that looks like Postgre to remove. I'm stumped.

What I meant was, maybe you uninstalled postgres, but the postgres user is still active. Did you do the command prompt bit about deleting the postgres user? (I forget the command, but it's in the post I linked to).

Re: Hey Derrick

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:36 pm
by VBCardinal
WhiteRider wrote:
VBCardinal wrote:Well, I already looked in the control panel under add/remove programs and can't really find anything that looks like Postgre to remove. I'm stumped.

What I meant was, maybe you uninstalled postgres, but the postgres user is still active. Did you do the command prompt bit about deleting the postgres user? (I forget the command, but it's in the post I linked to).


Well, what you wrote was: Then you issue the command "net user postgres /delete" as administrator to remove the postgres user, which allows the new version to install correctly.

Except I'm such an idiot, I have no idea how to do this. I'm sorry to be bothering you with this.

Re: Hey Derrick

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:46 am
by APerfect10
Go Start->Run, 'cmd' -> OK.

At the command prompt type:

Code: Select all
net user postgres /delete

Best regards,

Derek