1.19.6 'expired', input registration code, can't connect

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

1.19.6 'expired', input registration code, can't connect

Postby mad1 » Wed May 14, 2008 3:25 pm

As stated, at random today, my pahud claimed that it had expired, and when I go to input the reg code it says cannot connect to registration servers.
What can be done to fix this? I already tried reinstalling. Failure.
mad1
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Re: 1.19.6 'expired', input registration code, can't connect

Postby mad1 » Wed May 14, 2008 3:52 pm

gentlemen, moral of the story, make sure a program like norton isn't blocking pahud from connecting.
mad1
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Re: 1.19.6 'expired', input registration code, can't connect

Postby mmore1q3 » Sat May 17, 2008 2:36 am

mad1 wrote:As stated, at random today, my pahud claimed that it had expired, and when I go to input the reg code it says cannot connect to registration servers.
What can be done to fix this? I already tried reinstalling. Failure.

You are not alone. Quite suddenly, after two years of nice service, PAHUD (1.19.6) started today to complain about not registered product and the connections to registration server fail. Seems strange, as this worked a couple of days ago, and I haven't done any changes after that. I am using F-secure firewall and I have configured PAHUD as a safe program, so I do not quite believe in firewall problems.
mmore1q3
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 2:22 am

Re: 1.19.6 'expired', input registration code, can't connect

Postby mmore1q3 » Sat May 17, 2008 3:41 am

Update: the re-registration finally succeeded after I had said again to the firewall that PAHUD is safe.
In between, when the registration had failed, Windows or firewall also prevented PAHUD from accessing iexplore.exe.

Seems that something has either recently changed due to this month's MS patches or F-secure firewall/antivirus patches.

I wonder a bit why PAHUD explicitly tries to use iexplore, although that is not my default browser. Most likely the program is programmed a bit too simply, just to use iexplore.

However, I still wonder, why the program started to complain about being unregistered in the first place.
mmore1q3
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 2:22 am

Re: 1.19.6 'expired', input registration code, can't connect

Postby mad1 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:11 am

It must be a once a year or so test they do to make sure people using the program are registered users
mad1
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 3:21 pm


Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests