Can't activate PS in PT

Hold'em or Poker Tracker Hold'em related posts go here

Can't activate PS in PT

Postby wrjahnn » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:22 pm

I'm currently using PokerTracker v2.16.03d for Holdem, and am experiencing problems with the auto-import hand history icon for PokerStars. This problem started as soon as I installed a new version of PokerStars in early April.

When I click on the PS auto-import icon the screen is displayed but as soon as I try to do anything with the screen (even click and drag) I get the message "Program is not responding" and have to exit PT. This does not happen with the only other poker site I use, Party Poker.

Please advise how I should proceed. Thanks in advance,

Ron Venning
wrjahnn
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:07 pm

Re: Can't activate PS in PT

Postby APerfect10 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:22 am

APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Can't activate PS in PT

Postby ptrack pat » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:35 am

What folder have to set the auto-import window to look in for the hand history files?
When you open the PokerStars auto-import window, does it give you a warning message that there are a large number of files to be processed?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Can't activate PS in PT

Postby wrjahnn » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:13 pm

When I search in my C drive to find where the HH files are kept I see the path - "C:\ProgramFiles\PokerStars\HandHistory\KeswickRonni" with "KeswickRonni" being my username on PokerStars. But the interesting point is that the hand histories are only from Apr 11/08 to the present date, and April 11 is about the time I installed the new version of PokerStars. In the PT auto-import screen for PS no path is given for "Hand History Folder Location".
I am not sure where to look for PS Hand Histories before Apr 11, and it doesn't readily show up in C:\ProgramFiles\PokerStars...

While writing this note to you, I have left the PS auto import screen on in order to copy informataion accurately from the screen, and without any clicks the hourglass eventually came on after a few minutes and then after another 10 minutes or so a message appeared stating that about 9600 filess were waiting to be moved and this could cause the program to appear to freeze.

After a indiscriminaate clicks on the PS auto-imprt screen I get the message "You have the selected the option to move the processed files to another folder but have not selected what folder to move them to folder. Do you want to do this now? YES NO" I chose "No" with the idea of waiting for your instructions and not wanting to complicate the problem further.

How should I proceed?
wrjahnn
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:07 pm

Re: Can't activate PS in PT

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:54 am

You need to click on the Hand History Folder Location button on the PokerStars auto-import window and point it to just the

C:\ProgramFiles\PokerStars\HandHistory

folder. Unless you have played at 9600 different tables over the past 2 weeks it sounds like you have it pointing to the wrong folder now, possibly you have it set to read the entire hard drive which is why it's doing this.

As to the hands played before April 11, if they are stored on your computer then there is nothing for PT to import. You need to contact PokerStars support to see if they might be able to send them to you.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Can't activate PS in PT

Postby wrjahnn » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:33 pm

Well, I haven't played 9600 tables in the past two weeks, so I was able to direct the Hand History Location to: C:|ProgramFiles\PokerStars\HandHistory
PT is asking me to Move the processed files to another folder. Can you suggest a folder. Obviously I not sure what I'm actually doing here?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
wrjahnn
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:07 pm

Re: Can't activate PS in PT

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:33 pm

Click the "Move processed files..." box and in the field below that enter...

c:\processed_hands
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Can't activate PS in PT

Postby fairnbalncd » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:39 pm

same thing here... i saw there was a patch available and downloaded that and PT auto-import still won't activate... also attempted to change my HH file location as stated in previous post above but here's the deal...

open PT and full tilt poker will work in PT2... PT3 will auto-import both sites... but when i click on the auto-import for PS within PT2 the auto-import screen opens and then instantly freezes up the program, so i can't point the program to c:/processed_hands from PT2... open the task manager to end the program and it says it isn't responding.

vista user and everything is set to 'administrator'... i use AHK's on 'stars and the little PT3 icon screws it up so i'm still using PT2 and PAHUD there...

thoughts?
fairnbalncd
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:05 pm

Re: Can't activate PS in PT

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:05 pm

Close PT.

Using the registry editor, REGEDIT, go the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PTrack section and delete the string value on the right side of the window called "PS_Folder". Then open PT again and the auto-import window again. Does it open without freezing now?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Can't activate PS in PT

Postby fairnbalncd » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:04 pm

ptrack pat wrote:Close PT.

Using the registry editor, REGEDIT, go the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PTrack section and delete the string value on the right side of the window called "PS_Folder". Then open PT again and the auto-import window again. Does it open without freezing now?


yes it does... thanks for the quick replies... you guys rock!
fairnbalncd
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:05 pm


Return to PokerTracker Holdem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests