Full Tilt update for July 8 2009

Any support related posts should go here.

Re: Full Tilt update for July 8 2009

Postby djones148 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:18 am

I'm still getting the error too after the D patch. I'm also having a new problem of the program closing suddenly with no error message. This happens randomly even when I'm not importing.
djones148
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Re: Full Tilt update for July 8 2009

Postby drgfire » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:22 am

Pat, are you there? I have created a little gui .net program to "copy and convert" FT HH files to some other directory, which in turn can then be given to PT. It seems to work, at least in my limited testing with the latest official PT version, that is patch .03j I think.

Here are the download links:

Just the exe:
http://www.2shared.com/file/6661273/7c5168d6/ft_hh.html

Visual Studio 2003 project with source code in C#:
http://www.2shared.com/file/6661039/fb6 ... sproj.html

I understand that people might be hesitant to download some dubious programs (and right so), and that's why I've included the source code to have a look for yourself. There's nothing harmful being done, at least not intentional ... ;)

Bugs? Certainly, don't know. Neither do I know how PT exactly reads the files, nor how FT is writing them. Well, have a go and maybe report back. But please understand that this program is without support. I've really just created it for myself, but it might be helpful to others after all.

Edit: Maybe I should add a bit on how to use it

You have to specify two directories, the FT hand history folder (with username!) and some output directory to which the converted files will be copied. This directory has then to be given to PT.
Clicking on "GO!" starts the timer, which kicks in at the specified intervals and performs the file conversions. It is intented to be running in the background, together with PT in auto-import mode.
drgfire
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Re: Full Tilt update for July 8 2009

Postby rickrohio » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:55 am

ptrack pat wrote:Can you not tell from all of the debugging EXE's I've asked people to run that I'm still working on it? Where have I said that I considered it fixed? I don't see how you feel neglected when I have been going back and forth with people here, 15 pages worth of dialog in this thread alone, trying to figure out a way around the problem. NOBODY is more frustrated about this than me. I got out of PT because I was so burnt out by all this stuff that it was literally making me sick and now I'm back here at 11:30PM on a Saturday evening spending hours trying to fix something that I can't reproduce because a site decides to change the way they store hand histories.


I never said you weren't working on it. I know you are working on individual problems. Read the second sentence. I was referring to the having to convert hands manually. If you read back through the thread (which I know you don't have time for) you will notice that the statements of having to manually convert HH before import was matter of fact, like this was possibly not going to be addressed.

Man I wasn't trying to bust your chops. Just get a progress report.
rickrohio
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Full Tilt update for July 8 2009

Postby ptrack pat » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:34 am

quadi wrote:First of all: Pat, I want to thank you for your support - great job!

I think, it is NOT a problem of a specific input file. I cannot reproduce the error with the dummy-file, which I send to you. If I try to import only this file (or the original file of this SnG), it works without the access violation error. But if I try to import my 202 import files, the access violation error happens - but every time it stops with a different import file.
Sorry, it seems to be the worst thing: a not easy reproducable error.

There is some work to do, sorry!


You are right about that. I noticed that to reproduce it as a I did before I had to have at least these 3 specific files in the hh folder. If I had just one file, the one that normally caused the error then it worked fine but when I added 2 other files back, it would give this message.

This gives me an idea of something to try. Would you mind ZIPPING these 202 files and sending them to me via the online support system so I have a larger number of files to test with?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Full Tilt update for July 8 2009

Postby ptrack pat » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:38 am

Thanks drgfire, I appreciate you doing that. If you say it's OK, I would like to create another thread and just copy/paste your description so that people can easily find this work around.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Full Tilt update for July 8 2009

Postby Snozynoze » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:44 am

I don't know if it helps or not but, i was getting the error with the 03 patch playing one table of NL 6-max Hold'em.

There were 2 items in the folder. A table i was playing, and one i was no longer sitting at.

I had been playing this single table about 20 mins when it closed. I had played the other table about 30 mins and then closed it before opening the new one.

I had looked at the auto-replayer a few times off and on, but it was not open at the time of the program dropping, and it had prob been over 3-5 mins since the last time it had been opened.


Thank you for your help Pat, and i hope this is helpful.
Snozynoze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Full Tilt update for July 8 2009

Postby ouwep » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:55 am

I get this error with importing:

"Access violation at 0x7618d44A (Tried to read from 0x0B080000), program terminated."

What to do?
ouwep
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:17 pm

Re: Full Tilt update for July 8 2009

Postby ptrack pat » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:19 am

Snozynoze wrote:I don't know if it helps or not but, i was getting the error with the 03 patch playing one table of NL 6-max Hold'em.

There were 2 items in the folder. A table i was playing, and one i was no longer sitting at.

I had been playing this single table about 20 mins when it closed. I had played the other table about 30 mins and then closed it before opening the new one.

I had looked at the auto-replayer a few times off and on, but it was not open at the time of the program dropping, and it had prob been over 3-5 mins since the last time it had been opened.


Thank you for your help Pat, and i hope this is helpful.


Next time you get the error, could you ZIP the entire contents of your FT hand history folder and send me all the file using the online support system? I have an idea of another thing to try but I need some more files to try to reproduce the problem again.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Full Tilt update for July 8 2009

Postby drgfire » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:23 am

ptrack pat wrote:Thanks drgfire, I appreciate you doing that. If you say it's OK, I would like to create another thread and just copy/paste your description so that people can easily find this work around.


Hi Pat, sure, go ahead and create another thread. Until no, noone seems to have tried my app, so I don't really know if it's ok...
drgfire
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Re: Full Tilt update for July 8 2009

Postby slojoeguam » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:26 pm

This might be a clue or it might not be....I finally was able to start importing HH and summary files to PT after converting them to ANSI. But when I went to move those files to the processed file folder, I found there is always on HH file per tourney I can't move. I get an error message saying the file can't be moved because it's being used by another person or program. When I shut down FT completely, I get no error and can move the file. Just trying to help. Btw, drgfire's program seems to work fine.
slojoeguam
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 2:19 am

PreviousNext

Return to PTH Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest