problem importing from PS

Any support related posts should go here.

problem importing from PS

Postby KK_Cowboy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:47 pm

Having a problem importing files from PS. I think I know why, but not sure if I need to make another database to store hands in or not. When I try to import the hands, PT has 6 files it has found, but after about 20 seconds or so it says 0 new hands were imported. Now thinking that there have been a lot of hands saved to this database I went and deleted the hands from where they were being saved on my pc and tried it again. Same message about 0 new hands came up. I tried to figure out how to create a new database to put hands in but not quite sure about that either.
KK_Cowboy
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: problem importing from PS

Postby ptrack pat » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Are you using Vista? If so, see here
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9773
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: problem importing from PS

Postby KK_Cowboy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:09 am

it's xp actually, so that post may not really apply, though I will have a look at it.
KK_Cowboy
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: problem importing from PS

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:22 pm

Are you in the US? If not, make sure you have setup PokerStars to save your hand histories in English. Click the help link at the top right corner of the PokerStars auto-import window for more details on this.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: problem importing from PS

Postby KK_Cowboy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:52 am

ok I am in canada and it is set to english. it still gives me the 7 files found 0 hands imported message. I have contact pokerstars about this but they have no answer for this and apparently cannot support the issue. Not sure what's going on here but am trying to figure this out.
KK_Cowboy
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: problem importing from PS

Postby KK_Cowboy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:00 am

ok I found part of the problem. It seems the hands that I am telling pokerstars (through their site) are not being written to the location on my pc. I checked the folder itself and there is nothing there at all.
KK_Cowboy
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: problem importing from PS

Postby ptrack pat » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:11 am

Go to the Options > Instant Hand History Options window from the PokerStars lobby window.
Is it still setup to save the files to the hard drive? What folder does it tell you they are being saved to? Is this the same one you have PT pointing to?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: problem importing from PS

Postby KK_Cowboy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:56 am

ok Pat, I found the issue. I re-read some of the posts about this topic and I found the problem. Location wasn't set right in pokertracker. Everything is working as it should be now. Thanks for your help.
KK_Cowboy
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:42 pm


Return to PTH Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest