Page 1 of 1
How do I solve lag/freezing issue?

Posted:
Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:00 am
by aznkidmike
I notice that when I play a lot of tables (usually 6 or more) my computer starts to slow down dramatically and it get so bad at times I can't even click or type anything on the tables. I usually play on 2 sites so I auto-import each site in 2 minute increments (every other minute for each site auto-import). It gets frustrating and it's almost impossible to play since I time out all the time because I can't do anything on those tables (I hear the sound but the images look kind of frozen from the lagging). It's not like I have any other programs on either, I close out almost everything except the poker tables, poker ace hud, and poker tracker. Restarting the computer didn't change anything either. However, when I played each site separately (one of my PC and the other one my laptop) and only auto-importing one at a time, it was running smooth like normal again. Is it possible to auto-import 2 different sites at the same time while having the system running smoothly?
Re: How do I solve lag/freezing issue?

Posted:
Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:34 am
by ptrack pat
What sites are you playing at?
It shouldn't be a problem importing from both at the same time. Have you tried it WITHOUT PokerAce running to see if it works any differently?
Re: How do I solve lag/freezing issue?

Posted:
Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:33 am
by aznkidmike
I play on Full Tilt and Pokerstars. I haven't tried auto-importing it without PokerAce Hud running but isn't it part of the reason using PT in the first place to get stats up ready when playing on a lot of tables at once? I think still think my computer slows down either way when a lot of tables are running and I notice that right when the timer hits 0 and it starts auto-importing, everything slows down significantly. I played 3-5 tables at once on only one site and with only one auto-import going and it seemed to be running fine. Also, I have a fast computer too and a lot of RAM and stuff on it too so it shouldn't be the problem.
Re: How do I solve lag/freezing issue?

Posted:
Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:58 am
by ptrack pat
I need you to run it without PokerAce running to rule that program out as the reason for the slowness. If it's a PokerAce problem then you would have to post this issue on that forum.
Open the auto-import windows for both sites and click the Enable Logging box on both of them. Start the timers.
Play some hands for about 10 minutes. Then click the View Log link on one of the tables and copy/paste the text of the log file into a reply. The log file will have both a log of both windows so you just need to click the view log link on one of the tables to get the entire log, not both of them.