Page 1 of 1
Didn't realize iPoker HHs had changed til now -- am i SOL?

Posted:
Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:22 pm
by domino66
I couldn't figure out why my iPoker stats had been all F'd up since around May until i saw this forum. I'd been using v 2.17.01f, and 2.17.02 was the patch that fixed them.
So basically all of my stats on iPoker from May thru now are F'd up (mostly it has everyone being a much bigger WINNER than they actually are). Problem is i no longer have the original .xml HHs. HOWEVER, when I import HHs, I always choose the "import full HH" (e.g. vs. just like importing the stats or something - u know the other option i'm talking about i'm sure). Is there any way to "fix" the HHs that are currently in my HHs without access to the original .xml HHs that iPoker saved to my HD? e.g. i doubt that exporting the HHs to txt files, then re-importing them (after i've installed the patch) would work, would it?
Re: Didn't realize iPoker HHs had changed til now -- am i SOL?

Posted:
Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:23 am
by domino66
Also, if u wouldn't mind, pat, while i have your attention.
Which one is a more recent version of PT: 2.17.02 or 2.17.02a ??
I'm asking b/c even though I discovered the iPoker bug on my laptop as i described above (which was running 2.17.01f), I'm looking at my desktop now and want to make sure it has the most up-to-date version of PT2.
Re: Didn't realize iPoker HHs had changed til now -- am i SOL?

Posted:
Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:09 am
by ptrack pat
Without the original XML files there would be no way to get the data corrected. The hand histories in PT are wrong so exporting/reimporting them isn't going to work, the XML files are needed.
2.17.02a is the same as 2.17.02 with just a fix for PokerStars in it.
Re: Didn't realize iPoker HHs had changed til now -- am i SOL?

Posted:
Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:01 am
by domino66
This is an important follow-up Q for me, Pat -- did the change that iPoker made to the HH format result in incorrect stats for anything OTHER than money won/lost / pot sizes?
In other words, I am only using PT to profile my opponents' play; I actually don't care whether it gets the amount I (or any of my opponents) have won/lost wrong. And, if I understand what I read about the way in which iPoker changed their HH format properly, it seems like the only change was in how it denoted amounts bet / raised...but are the PLAYING STATS (e.g. VPIP, PFR, etc etc) all still correct??
Re: Didn't realize iPoker HHs had changed til now -- am i SOL?

Posted:
Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:54 am
by ptrack pat
Yes, those stats would be impacted. PT wasn't recording any raises at all because of the way the format changed. So all PFR % would be 0 and if a player raised pre-flop, their VPIP would be affected also. Aggression factor would also be impacted.
Re: Didn't realize iPoker HHs had changed til now -- am i SOL?

Posted:
Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:05 pm
by domino66
Can i co-mingle "old" iPoker HHs (ones that were imported PRIOR to April 1st), and new ones that I datamine from today going forward? e.g. my solution to this mess is going to be to purge all iPoker HHs from April 1st, 2008 until today, but I'd like to keep all of the old ones...is it ok to comingle new ones i mine with old ones from preior to April 1st? e.g. am I purging all of the incorrect/corrupt ones if i just purge everything played from Apr 1st onward?
Re: Didn't realize iPoker HHs had changed til now -- am i SOL?

Posted:
Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:29 pm
by ptrack pat
Yes, that's right. The older hands are fine.