Page 1 of 1

not recognizing my player ID anymore!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:52 am
by bingbang
For some reason, out of the blue, every time I shut down PT and start it up and again, i have to re-enter my player ID in the preferences tab, then click the general | my stats, otherwise it won't automatically take me to my stats as it was previously doing. I have not un-installed, but I have re-installed on top of this version hoping to correct or repair, but I still get the same problem. Please help!

Re: not recognizing my player ID anymore!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:41 am
by ptrack pat
Are you using Vista? If so, it sounds like you aren't running as administrator. See this FAQ
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1378

Re: not recognizing my player ID anymore!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:37 pm
by bingbang
no sir, I'm still using PT2 on good ol' XP

Re: not recognizing my player ID anymore!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:38 pm
by ptrack pat
Do you have an alias on this player id or is this player id aliased to another name?
What if you entered some other criteria on the Preferences tab, like a date or a game level. Do those values get remembered when you close and reopen PT? Is it just your player ID that's not being remembered?

Re: not recognizing my player ID anymore!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:46 pm
by bingbang
no there are no aliases attached to this player id nor is this player id aliased to another name (since my re-install of PT2). All other values (such as date preference and poker site) are remembered when I close and open PT2. Its just my player ID that's not being remembered

Re: not recognizing my player ID anymore!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:37 pm
by ptrack pat
Use the Utilities > Repair a Poker Database option to see if that helps.

Re: not recognizing my player ID anymore!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:34 pm
by bingbang
great, worked like a charm! thanks a bunch bud