Page 1 of 1

Database needs to be repaired 1 time a week

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:04 pm
by hochiminh
Hi,

I've been experiencing troubles with my PT db recently. In the middle of a session error window pops up and tells me the db is damaged. So I have to repair it over and over again. It takes a lot of time and freezes my activity. If I start a new db all players' statistics won't be available anymore, right? What should I do?

Re: Database needs to be repaired 1 time a week

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:05 pm
by kraada
Could you please tell me what the exact error message says? There are several and they can have different solutions.

Re: Database needs to be repaired 1 time a week

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:16 pm
by hochiminh

Re: Database needs to be repaired 1 time a week

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:52 pm
by ptrack pat
See the FAQ, issue #2, it tells you what to do if the error keeps repeating
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1377

Re: Database needs to be repaired 1 time a week

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:39 am
by hochiminh
Ok, so I converted my db into Postgres. I deciced to make a compress like it is advised in the thread you recommended, but I got this error message:
[ img ]

Also, can I delete my access databases and backups? And what is the name of my new postgres db file and where is it?

Thanks

Re: Database needs to be repaired 1 time a week

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:15 am
by ptrack pat
You can try reindexing as detailed here
http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/arc ... ex+pgadmin

I wouldn't delete anything until this is working correctly and at that I'd zip the old Access db's and save them to a CD/DVD before deleting from the hard drive.

PostgreSQL is made up of a number of files in the c:\program files\postgresql\8.x\data folder. To backup the db to a single file, use the Utilities > PostgreSQL Database Functions window.