Filtered Hands

Any support related posts should go here.

Filtered Hands

Postby bds123 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:16 pm

On the General tab, middle section (known starting hands)--- for the last 2 days, not all my hands are showing up in this section. Today, for example, I played 2064 hands, but only 521 show up under the filtered hands section. It almost looks like it would look if I were looking at the play for someone else, where I only know some of their hole cards. I checked on Preferences, and I am the player selected there. When I choose My Stats, the program does chose me. I do NOT have a filter on. Why am I not seeing all my hands in this section of the screen?
bds123
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: Filtered Hands

Postby ptrack pat » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:24 am

What site are you playing at?
Is the "Turn Filter Off" button enabled there?
Does the first section on this tab show the 2064 hands?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Filtered Hands

Postby bds123 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:32 pm

Playing on UB
2064 shows up in the top part of the General Info screen
Turn Filters Off is grayed out and NOT enabled.

This odd thing happens whether I am on desktop or laptop.

If I look at play by date, then in addition to the numbers I gave you for play on 7/5, I find the following numbers on General tab - 1st section and 2nd section:

7/7 802/734
7/4 1386/1180
7/3 919/198
7/2 477/475
7/1 784/778
6/30 2733/2715
bds123
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: Filtered Hands

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:44 pm

The only reason these #'s should be off is if PT is not able to determine your hole cards, usually because they aren't being listed in the hand histories.

What program are you using to get your UB hands? PokerAce?

Go to the Game Notes tab and select one of your hands were PT doesn't list the hard cards next to your name and double-click on it. Then copy/paste the text of the hand into a reply so I can see what it looks like.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Filtered Hands

Postby bds123 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:05 pm

I am only using PokerAceHUD when I'm not actually playing. When playing, I stopped using it because it hides my hole cards at the beginning of the hand. Josh and I have dialgoued about this with no resolution in sight, so I've just turned it off when playing. Perhaps that has something to do with the problem.

UB allows you to save your hand histories (options, table options) and I do that and import them when I'm done playing.

Here is one of the hands you asked me to get from the game tab from today's play: Below that, I have pasted in the actual text from the hand history file UB puts on my computer. My cards do show up there.

Hand #54934191-1373 at Dearborn ($5/$10 Hold'em)
Started at 07/Jul/08 13:18:37

parrotheadcub is at seat 0 with $87.
john mellor is at seat 1 with $590.
bds20 is at seat 3 with $419.
Fazeman is at seat 5 with $236.
roland cote is at seat 6 with $171.
flopoholic is at seat 7 with $517.
The button is at seat 5.

roland cote posts the small blind of $2.
flopoholic posts the big blind of $5.

parrotheadcub: -- --
john mellor: -- --
bds20: -- --
Fazeman: -- --
roland cote: -- --
flopoholic: -- --

Pre-flop:

parrotheadcub folds. john mellor folds. bds20
raises to $10. Fazeman folds. roland cote calls.
flopoholic re-raises to $15. bds20 calls. roland
cote calls.

Flop (board: 7h As 3h):

roland cote checks. flopoholic bets $5. bds20
folds. roland cote folds. flopoholic is returned $5
(uncalled).



Hand #54934191-1373 Summary:

$2 is raked from a pot of $45.
flopoholic wins $43.
----------------------------------------------------------------

From the txt file on my computer generated by UB:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hand #54934191-1373 at Dearborn ($5/$10 Hold'em)
Started at 07/Jul/08 13:18:37

parrotheadcub is at seat 0 with $87.
john mellor is at seat 1 with $590.
bds20 is at seat 3 with $419.
Fazeman is at seat 5 with $236.
roland cote is at seat 6 with $171.
flopoholic is at seat 7 with $517.
The button is at seat 5.

roland cote posts the small blind of $2.
flopoholic posts the big blind of $5.

parrotheadcub: -- --
john mellor: -- --
bds20: Ts Kc
Fazeman: -- --
roland cote: -- --
flopoholic: -- --

Pre-flop:

parrotheadcub folds. john mellor folds. bds20
raises to $10. Fazeman folds. roland cote calls.
flopoholic re-raises to $15. bds20 calls. roland
cote calls.

Flop (board: 7h As 3h):

roland cote checks. flopoholic bets $5. bds20
folds. roland cote folds. flopoholic is returned $5
(uncalled).



Hand #54934191-1373 Summary:

$2 is raked from a pot of $45.
flopoholic wins $43.
bds123
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: Filtered Hands

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:09 pm

Are you sure PokerAce isn't also creating files and PT is importing from them?

Go to the Utilities > Database Maintenance and Options window and purge this session that this one hand was part of.

Then use the File > Import Hand Histories/Tournament Summaries window, Select Files To Import button to import the file that UB has created on your hard drive and look at the Game Notes tab again. Do the cards show up now?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Filtered Hands

Postby bds123 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:20 pm

Pat,

No - I'm not sure that PokerAceHUD isn't also creating the hand history files. I do usually have UB open on a laptop and tables open (with another account) whether I'm playing or not. So, this certainly could be the case. However, I've been doing that for a very long time. And, during all that time, I've been saving the UB histories on my hard drive and importing both pokeraceHUD hands and the UB hands. I do this to make sure I get all the hands.

When I do what you asked me to do, the hole cards now show up. What is causing this to happen?
bds123
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: Filtered Hands

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:43 pm

It sounds to me like some of these hands may have been imported from the file PokerAce created therefore when you import the files that UB created they don't get imported because they already exist. And it sounds like the PokerAce files are saving your hole cards for some reason.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PTH Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests