Problem with Stars Auto Request Tournament Summaries

Any support related posts should go here.

Problem with Stars Auto Request Tournament Summaries

Postby ProjectSix » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:53 pm

Hey,

I am trying to auto-request tournament summaries from Stars so I can import them via POP3 email. I open the window, hit the button to request them and then 1-3 of them will work and be emailed to me but then Stars shows a Tournament History request window with no details filled out and PT2 stalls. If I hit cancel, then stop requesting and hit request again, it will again work for 1-3 of them but then stop again with this window coming up. I have a couple hundred I am trying to request details for so it's frustrating.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

ProjectSix
ProjectSix
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 3:27 am

Re: Problem with Stars Auto Request Tournament Summaries

Postby ptrack pat » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:11 pm

It works fine for me. Are you using Vista?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Problem with Stars Auto Request Tournament Summaries

Postby ProjectSix » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:37 pm

ptrack pat wrote:It works fine for me. Are you using Vista?


Yeah, Vista 32-bit. I am running it as adminstrator too. I had this problem before for a long time, but it'd only do it once in a while and after requesting several summaries at a time.. but now its doing it after only a couple. I am running Stars as administrator too (figured it helped with it creating HHs).
ProjectSix
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 3:27 am

Re: Problem with Stars Auto Request Tournament Summaries

Postby ptrack pat » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:58 am

Sometimes it acts flacky like this on Vista, or doesn't work at all for some people. I haven't been able to figure out why.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Problem with Stars Auto Request Tournament Summaries

Postby ProjectSix » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:53 pm

ptrack pat wrote:Sometimes it acts flacky like this on Vista, or doesn't work at all for some people. I haven't been able to figure out why.


I'm not a programmer or anything but I had an idea.. is it possible that it isn't keeping up with the 'instructions' that PT2 is giving it? Like it asks to open request window, input data, then request, wait for confirmation window and do the next. What if Vista is having a problem where it processes one step like open request window but before that opens up, PT2 has told it to input the data but the window wasn't up yet so it stalls like it does for me?

Maybe adding a half second or 1 second delay between each step would help? Again just taking a stab, no idea if this would make any difference at all. Might lead you to some similar idea to try though. :)
ProjectSix
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 3:27 am

Re: Problem with Stars Auto Request Tournament Summaries

Postby ptrack pat » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:28 pm

That's actually probably what is happening, I have added some "yields" before trying to get around just this kind of thing. I'll have to test again.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Problem with Stars Auto Request Tournament Summaries

Postby ProjectSix » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:06 pm

ptrack pat wrote:That's actually probably what is happening, I have added some "yields" before trying to get around just this kind of thing. I'll have to test again.


pat, did you get a chance to try this out?
ProjectSix
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 3:27 am

Re: Problem with Stars Auto Request Tournament Summaries

Postby ptrack pat » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm

I've tried, I haven't been able to figure out the problem.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PTH Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests