pls Help... ODBC microsoft access driver login failed

Any support related posts should go here.

pls Help... ODBC microsoft access driver login failed

Postby tewreal » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:34 pm

Hello,
Recently Poker Tracker 2 warned me that I needed to compact my Pokertracker. I went under utilities and selected one stop compact -poker and handhistory database. Now I when I start Poker tracker a window pops up and says "The microsoft jet database engine cannot open the file C:\program files\ poker tracker v2 \ ptrack.mdb'. it is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. After you click ok, a login window appears. Pls Help!

**** I jsut restarted the computer, and when I run PK, it says coudl not find file 'C:\program files\poker tracker v2\ptrack.mdb'. After you clock okay, the login windows appear. Thanks
tewreal
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:20 am

Re: pls Help... ODBC microsoft access driver login failed

Postby ptrack mike » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Open Windows Explorer. Do you see a C:\program files\poker tracker v2\ptrack.mdb file? Do you also see a ptrack_backup.mdb file in the same folder?
ptrack mike
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Re: pls Help... ODBC microsoft access driver login failed

Postby tewreal » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:34 pm

the only files i see with the ext. mbd is hhcopy.mdb, hhdb.mdb, ptrack_backup.mbd,ptregv2.mbd.
tewreal
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:20 am

Re: pls Help... ODBC microsoft access driver login failed

Postby ptrack mike » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:06 pm

Assuming you use Vista, click the Compatibility Files button. You should see ptrack.mdb file there. Copy it to the C:\program files\poker tracker v2 folder. You need to be running PT as administrator or this can happen. See here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1378
ptrack mike
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Re: pls Help... ODBC microsoft access driver login failed

Postby tewreal » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:34 pm

hello,
I do see the back up file, but I do not see the one we're looknig for. When i hit compatibilty, I see ptrack.LDB. Also, I checked, and the i'm runnign pt as administrator.
tewreal
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:20 am

Re: pls Help... ODBC microsoft access driver login failed

Postby ptrack mike » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:45 am

Rename ptrack_backup.mdb to ptrack.mdb and you should be OK.
ptrack mike
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:48 pm


Return to PTH Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests