Compacting problem

Any support related posts should go here.

Compacting problem

Postby bigirwin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:19 pm

I just compacted my files and now it appears that a lot of the information is missing. There are stats either missing or incomplete for players I know I have histories with. Could you please tell me what I can do to fix this? I tried searching the forum but couldn't seem to find anything that helped. Thanks.
bigirwin
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: Compacting problem

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:19 pm

Compacting the database doesn't touch the data. Are you using Vista?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Compacting problem

Postby bigirwin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:33 pm

yes and i'm running as administrator
bigirwin
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: Compacting problem

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:43 pm

Go to the c:\program files\poker tracker v2 folder. Is there a file called ptrack_backup.mdb there? If so, what is the date/time and size of it.

Now click on the Compatibility Files folder. Is there a file called ptrack.mdb? If so, what is the date/time size of it? Is there also a ptrack_backup.mdb file in this folder?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Compacting problem

Postby bigirwin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:20 pm

ptrack_backup.mdb is 7/21; 4:46; 115MB
ptrack.mdb is 7/21; 7:14; 10.6MB
bigirwin
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: Compacting problem

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:51 pm

There should be no ptrack.mdb file in the comp. files folder if you were always running PT as administrator.

Close PT. Go to the c:\program files\poker tracker v2 folder and rename that backup file to ptrack.mdb

Then right-click on the PT desktop icon and select 'run as administrator' from the popup menu. Do you see all the stats again?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Compacting problem

Postby bigirwin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:29 pm

I am still missing the majority of my stats.
bigirwin
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: Compacting problem

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:51 pm

Reimport your processed hand history files then to pickup any hands that are not in that file.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Compacting problem

Postby bigirwin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:55 pm

Is there any way around that? It's going to take forever. This happens every time I get the message to compact files. How do I avoid this in the future? It's pretty frustrating.
bigirwin
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: Compacting problem

Postby bigirwin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:01 pm

Can I get a response on this? I would like to know if there's a way around importing all my HHs now or at least a way so I don't have to do it again every time it tells me to compact files.
bigirwin
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Next

Return to PTH Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests