Specific HUD Profiles for different game types

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Specific HUD Profiles for different game types

Postby PJs Ronin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:51 pm

[quote="kraada"I'd like to point out the main hurdle here is that tournament detection isn't done (and can't be done) until we have all of the information we can get - at the end of the tournament. So PT4 doesn't know what kind of tournament you're in until the tournament is over, at which point it is too late to assign a specific HUD to it.[/quote]

There has been a great deal of discussion about this over the years and there has been numerous suggestions how this can be overcome. The bolded comment highlights that the developers are only looking at this from one perspective. Tournament detection per se is only one option.
PJs Ronin
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Specific HUD Profiles for different game types

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:55 pm

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:If you export a group and then reimport it, it will not retain the associated POPUP. You have to assign the POPUPs again?


Does duplicating a profile not contain the positions on tables as the original profile?
pt4pt4pt4
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Specific HUD Profiles for different game types

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:59 pm

PeteX wrote:Personally I have all kinds of table layouts setup with PlaceMint and there I use regular expressions to differentiate between table types from window titles and they do go quite far.



I was thinking that they must be using something like this or direct memory location to access the data.

I think the return on making this adjustment is worth their time.
pt4pt4pt4
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Specific HUD Profiles for different game types

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:04 pm

BillGatesIII wrote:
PeteX wrote:Personally I have all kinds of table layouts setup with PlaceMint and there I use regular expressions to differentiate between table types from window titles and they do go quite far.


Thanks for this one.


Check the twoplustwo thread, I posted a lot of modified and tested Regex expressions for many type of PokerStars SNG games.
pt4pt4pt4
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Specific HUD Profiles for different game types

Postby pasita » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:44 pm

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:Does duplicating a profile not contain the positions on tables as the original profile?

I believe I've created a ticket about this some time last year (not talking about December, either), haven't received info about this being fixed.
pasita
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Specific HUD Profiles for different game types

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:49 pm

I can't say I remember seeing anything about that go by in the release notes either, fwiw.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Previous

Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest