My Currency annoys me

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

My Currency annoys me

Postby prometheus » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:50 pm

First of all: I'm not arguing to get rid of this feature, rather I want to tone it down, at least it's visibility. In every report there is "my c this" and "my c that". This function is supposed to work in the background without constantly reminding the user that it's there. It makes the colums wider and so takes space so that I have to scroll more and in general annoys me to read it over and over again in every second stat (I'm obv exaggerating).

Currently it seems to work like this:
enum currency = {"$", "€", etc.}
currency MyCurrency = currency[0];
string label_mc_won = "My Currency Won";
...
Result looks like in the present version of PT4.

Instead I would like to propose this version:
...
string label_mc_won = "Won (" + MyCurrency.toString() + ")";
...
Result looks like: Won ($), Won (€), etc.

IMO the second option looks better, because it's cleaner and one sees at first glance what it' s about.
prometheus
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: My Currency annoys me

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:52 am

The column header is not dynamically generated, it is part of the stat definition. That kind of thing was considered, but the benefit was outweighed by the amount of work it would take to implement.
If you really find it obtrusive you could make custom copies of the few My Currency stats and change the titles to something shorter, using Configure > Statistics.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: My Currency annoys me

Postby PSantos » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:05 pm

I agree it's annoying.
PSantos
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:57 am


Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests