Page 1 of 2
Lock HUD feature

Posted:
Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:15 pm
by KuPoB_K
Please, please, pretty please, with cherry on top make this go away! Or at the very least put an option than can me manually permanently removed. It is so annoying. :(
Re: Lock HUD feature

Posted:
Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:51 pm
by WhiteRider
You can always move HUD stats with control-drag, even when the HUD is "locked".
Re: Lock HUD feature

Posted:
Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:29 pm
by KuPoB_K
That really isn't a solution tho. When i 20 table the last thing i want to be looking is the CTRL key. And what is the idea behind it anyway? Apart from annoying people that is :mrgreen:
Re: Lock HUD feature

Posted:
Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:59 pm
by PartyAnimal
I'd have to agree that UNlocked should be the default so one can quickly shift a HUD statistic while multi-tabling, which I currently do a lot of in PT3 since one of the stats can be partially hidden. What about a "Lock HUD by default" option among the "Hud Display Options" in the "Hud Options Configuration" window? :idea:
KuPoB_K wrote:When i 20 table the last thing i want to be looking is the CTRL key. And what is the idea behind it anyway?
Re: Lock HUD feature

Posted:
Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:09 am
by WhiteRider
Right-click is now used for menus, as it is in the main application reports, so we can't use that for moving the HUD all the time. I have passed on your request for an option to switch default behaviour, though.
Re: Lock HUD feature

Posted:
Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:32 pm
by kydechuk01
What is real annoying in the unlocked mode - almost every left mouse click we are using just to show popup causes movements of table group before opening the popup as wanted.
I think it can be easily ajusted if you make a difference: If Left mouse button clicked and instantly released then {NOT to move group, OPEN popup group}; else if button clicked & Holded at least for 0.5 sec then {ONLY move group, NOT open}
So all users will be happily use the unlock mode as they used for in PT3.
Re: Lock HUD feature

Posted:
Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:06 pm
by KuPoB_K
kydechuk01 wrote:I think it can be easily ajusted if you make a difference: If Left mouse button clicked and instantly released then {NOT to move group, OPEN popup group}; else if button clicked & Holded at least for 0.5 sec then {ONLY move group, NOT open}
So all users will be happily use the unlock mode as they used for in PT3.
This!
Re: Lock HUD feature

Posted:
Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:40 am
by PartyAnimal
I also noticed that when I try to click on the PT4 icon on a table, oftentimes it does not go to the HUD options but just displays a mouseover message (is this called a tool tip?). Is there another way to quickly go to the options such as Unlock?
Re: Lock HUD feature

Posted:
Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:36 am
by kraada
I'm not aware of any shortcut for unlocking.
I have to say I'm a bit perplexed and I hope some of you can explain this to me - we have had many many requests for a Lock option for PT3. Can you explain what problems you are experiencing where your HUD needs to be unlocked regularly?
Re: Lock HUD feature

Posted:
Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:05 pm
by kydechuk01
kraada wrote:I'm not aware of any shortcut for unlocking.
I have to say I'm a bit perplexed and I hope some of you can explain this to me - we have had many many requests for a Lock option for PT3. Can you explain what problems you are experiencing where your HUD needs to be unlocked regularly?
I tried to say opinion about unlocking in this
post+video