Hand Import very slow

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Hand Import very slow

Postby Sidsta » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi,

I just installed PT4 today and followed the Setup Assistant.
After Configuring Sites and Themes, PT4 want to automatically convert and import my PT3 Database.
I agreed and since then (today, about 7 hrs ago) it is importing.

I have 1,5kk hands in my Database. The Converting process took about 1,5 hrs but since then it is importing.

Is this speed normal?
Are there any options to improve the import speed?

On the left side of the "import - progress" bar I have an exclamation mark stating that an error occured.
When I click on it the following information pops - up:

[ img ]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Sidsta
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:22 am

Re: Hand Import very slow

Postby kraada » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:12 pm

There clearly are a few errors with individual hands. Based on the numbers in your screenshot and your post you're getting somewhere around 14 hands a second is that correct?

What are the hardware specifications on your machine like?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Hand Import very slow

Postby Sidsta » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:37 pm

I calculated the hands/sec. for the last 3 hours and got 12 hands / second.

My System:

HP Pavillion dv6000
Windows Vista 32 Bit

AMD Turion 64 X2 2.00GHz

2,00 GB Ram

SP2

Do you need any additional information?
Sidsta
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:22 am

Re: Hand Import very slow

Postby kraada » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:49 pm

That doesn't seem extremely out of the realm of expectation given those specifications. Please keep in mind that we are also updating your cache while importing and that no housekeeping will be required later. In order to do this (as well as add the extra data in the PT4 database that is not in the PT3 database), the raw number of hands per second will be lower than they were for you in PT3.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Hand Import very slow

Postby Sidsta » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:46 am

Now with 6 hours more to work, it almost completely stopped importing.

Stopped at 572.000 which results to 7 hands / second...

I just stopped it mauanlly and try to Import my hands in smaler pieces time by time.
Sidsta
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:22 am

Re: Hand Import very slow

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:26 am

If you get any errors please let us have the hand history files via a Support Ticket so that we can see what is going on.
Your PokerTracker4.log file from C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\ (which you can access from the PT4 File menu) may also be useful if there are general errors rather than errors with particular files.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Hand Import very slow

Postby Sidsta » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:09 pm

If I find some specific errors I will do that, thanks for your help :)

One additional question: Do you have any recommendations on system setup wich will be the minimum requirement to us PT4 properly?
Because I think all my problems with speed could be caused by my system.
I have absolutely no problems with PT3 and 6 - 10 - 14 tables at Pokerstars but from what I feel PT4 needs so much more system resources than PT3 does.


Thank you in advance.
Sidsta
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:22 am

Re: Hand Import very slow

Postby kraada » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:19 pm

We have not released minimum or recommended specifications for PT4 at this time.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Hand Import very slow

Postby makodim » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:55 am

del
makodim
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:46 am


Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests