M in

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

M in

Postby Parket » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:15 am

In the Hand Details viewer, I'd love to see the M added to each player's pf stacksize. I know that some online HH convertor's do that, and it's tremendously useful in tourney hand discussions.
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

M in Hand Details viewer

Postby Parket » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:42 am

Obviously Subject had to be 'M in Hand Details viewer'.
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: M in

Postby kraada » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:14 am

I'll make a note of this suggestion and bring it up with the development team at the appropriate time on your behalf. Thanks!
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: M in

Postby erodas » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:13 am

And what about the option of True or Effective Big Blinds when antes begin? Would be nice to have this number implemented in HUD as well. It is more convenient than "M", because everybody still thinks about stack sizes in BB.
erodas
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: M in

Postby kraada » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Can you explain to me how exactly those numbers are calculated? I'll see what I can do about getting those added once I know how we should properly calculate them.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: M in

Postby erodas » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:38 pm

kraada wrote:Can you explain to me how exactly those numbers are calculated? I'll see what I can do about getting those added once I know how we should properly calculate them.


say we have blinds 150/300 ante 25, 9 players and we have stack of 4800.
at first look looks like were deep enough, meaning that we have way more than 10 BBs (~16 BBs).
the pot preflop is 150+300+9*25=675, so effective blinds formula is this: 675 (pot preflop) *2/3 = 450. or blinds 225/450. in this case we have got around 10 true BBs.
this is more convenient, because nobody really thinks in M, all the literature uses BB when defining stack size. ie one starts worrying when having 10BBs or lower. meaning that you can find different explanations in M regarding when you are critically short -- 6M? 8M? this sounds very similar to M, though it is not.
maybe this link will help more than my explanation:
http://www.cardschat.com/f57/adjusted-big-blind-194239/
erodas
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: M in

Postby kraada » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Thanks I'll look into this for you.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Adjusted big blinds

Postby PartyAnimal » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:53 pm

+1. Adjusted big blinds was a custom stat in PT3 and I continue to use it in PT4. Another way to calculate ABB is
Stack size / [BB + 2/3 * total antes].

For example, 100/200 + 25 ante in 10-person table with hero having 3000 chips. Pot = 100 + 200 + 250 antes = 550.
# of BB = 3000 / 200 = 15 (bad because it doesn't factor in antes)
M = 3000 / 550 = 5.5 (much better than #BB but few write about M)
ABB = 3000 / 367 = 8.1 (same as M * 1.5, but coaches, books, forums, etc. talks in terms of big blinds instead of M).

erodas wrote:And what about the option of True or Effective Big Blinds when antes begin? Would be nice to have this number implemented in HUD as well. It is more convenient than "M", because everybody still thinks about stack sizes in BB.
PartyAnimal
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:55 am


Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests