Database not retaining color codes

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Database not retaining color codes

Postby QueenT » Sat Dec 28, 2024 7:30 pm

I play on my laptop and desktop. The main DB is on my desktop and I import hands from the laptop to that DB. That all works fine. The only thing that doesn't is the color coding I'm using around the HUD boxes. This has been ongoing for months when I import between the two.

For instance, I'll assign the color red to a player when on the laptop while playing. Each month I import those hands to the desktop. When I play on the desktop the color isn't there. I KNOW it should be because I'll keep track as well, but it's not.

Is there a setting I'm missing? I play on ACR if that's any help.

Thanks
QueenT
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:36 pm

Re: Database not retaining color codes

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Dec 29, 2024 8:06 am

Just importing hands isn't going to assign any colors to players. That information is stored in the database so to transfer colors you will either need to backup the database on the desktop and restore it to the laptop or export player notes from the desktop and import to the laptop via the 'Database -> Notes' menu option (this will include all manually written notes as well as colors).
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17061
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Database not retaining color codes

Postby QueenT » Sun Dec 29, 2024 6:41 pm

What is the proper way then to use the DB from one computer to another? I've been just importing hands from one to the other, which isn't retaining any of the colors no matter if I make a player a color on the laptop or desktop. Would I backup from the laptop and restore to the desktop? According to a support document I read and some other posts, importing was the way to do it.
QueenT
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:36 pm

Re: Database not retaining color codes

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Dec 31, 2024 7:55 am

I don't know what document or posts you are referring to but if you have seen this guide then that's only for keeping hands in sync between two databases - it's not going to transfer player colors that you have manually assigned. To transfer player colors you will either need to backup the database on the desktop and restore it to the laptop or export player notes from the desktop and import to the laptop via the 'Database -> Notes' menu option.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17061
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Database not retaining color codes

Postby QueenT » Wed Jan 01, 2025 5:34 pm

Okay, thanks. I'll try that and see if it works. I just wanted to be clear.
QueenT
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:36 pm


Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests