Page 1 of 1

Import function for custom statistics working correctly?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2024 2:11 pm
by o0Q0o
Recently I discovered what I consider an odd feature when importing a custom statistic.

I have two computers, a Mac Studio and a MacBook Pro. Each has the most current version of macOS and PokerTracker.

I treat my Mac Studio as my production copy. Any changes to custom reports or custom statistics I first test on my MacBook Pro.

When I began, both computers had identical custom statistics. I backed up my PokerTracker database on my Mac Studio and restored the database on my MacBook Pro.

I modified a custom statistic by changing a custom column. I also made a formatting change to the statistic.

Once I finished, I exported the custom statistic from my MacBook Pro. I deleted the same custom statistic from my Mac Studio. As you know, you cannot import an existing custom statistic. Next I imported my newly updated custom statistic to my Mac Studio.

While testing on my Mac Studio, I noticed an oddity. The custom statistic had been successfully imported. The formatting change now appears on my Mac Studio. However, the underlying custom column did not change.

Is this a feature or a bug? What is the best practice for changing a custom statistic on both computers?

Thank you

Re: Import function for custom statistics working correctly?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2024 7:54 am
by Flag_Hippo
Deleting a custom statistic doesn't delete the columns it uses - custom columns can be deleted separately in the 'Columns' section. If you have made changes to existing custom columns then you will either need to delete the statistic and columns on the Mac Studio before importing an updated stat from the Macbook Pro or manually make the same changes.