Unable to login to database

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Unable to login to database

Postby szmarcinski » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:41 am

So I'm trying to run my trail version of Poker Tracker 4 and if it will work properly I will buy the full version.

First problem is, that when I'm trying to run my tracker there is and error:
Unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: could not connect to server: No such file or directory is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/s.PGSQL.5432"?



The reason is probably because of me trying to deinstall new version of Postgres, because tracker told me that the program is not supported by the newest version of Postgres and it might cause some problems. So I installed 9.0 version of postgres and tried to uninstall the new one. It ended up like this, it doesn't work at all.

Please help, because I really want to buy that program, but if it will not work on my computer it has no sense.. Thank You!

Simon
szmarcinski
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: Unable to login to database

Postby kraada » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 am

Please follow the uninstall/reinstall directions here - it sounds like you didn't get things properly done in one direction or the other as that error means PostgreSQL is not running.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PT4 for macOS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests