Page 1 of 1

How do I move all my PokerTracker data to my new MacBookPro?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:25 pm
by HondaKid
My iMac is DOA (hard drive and power issues). Always prepared, I have a daily back up from SuperDuper, it makes an exact clone of the iMac hard drive. What files do I need to move from the old hard drive to the new MBPro to make for a seamless transition?

Also, I am needing to reinstall or move over postgresql, I'll need instructions on this as well. And what is the best version to use here, I am currently using postgresql-8.4.9-1-osx.

Both the DOA iMac and new MBPro are using the latest Mavericks OS X.

Re: How do I move all my PokerTracker data to my new MacBook

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:46 pm
by WhiteRider
If you have a PT4 Backup you can just restore that to recover all of your data.

If you don't, you can copy the PT4 configuration and data files from the "Data" and "Config" folders in /Library/Application Support/PokerTracker 4/

The PostgreSQL files are stored in /Library/PostgreSQL.
You should be able to copy that folder across then reinstall PostgreSQL.
If you had PostgreSQL 8.4 before then you will need to install 8.4 again. Only the same major version will work with the existing files - you can only change major versions using backup/restore.
This is our guide on reinstalling PostgreSQL on Mac.

If you are not able to reconnect to the existing PostgreSQL files you could create a new database and reimport your hand history files. By default the processed hand history files are moved to Documents/PokerTracker 4/Processed.

Re: How do I move all my PokerTracker data to my new MacBook

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:14 am
by HondaKid
WhiteRider wrote:If you have a PT4 Backup you can just restore that to recover all of your data.

If you don't, you can copy the PT4 configuration and data files from the "Data" and "Config" folders in /Library/Application Support/PokerTracker 4/

The PostgreSQL files are stored in /Library/PostgreSQL.
You should be able to copy that folder across then reinstall PostgreSQL.
If you had PostgreSQL 8.4 before then you will need to install 8.4 again. Only the same major version will work with the existing files - you can only change major versions using backup/restore.
This is our guide on reinstalling PostgreSQL on Mac.

If you are not able to reconnect to the existing PostgreSQL files you could create a new database and reimport your hand history files. By default the processed hand history files are moved to Documents/PokerTracker 4/Processed.


I was able to get all the files needed from the iMac back up. Looking to do a "backup-and-restore" as it appears easiest at this point. There may be an issue with the PostgreSQL 8.4, which is the version I was using on the dead iMac. You are saying I need to install this exact same version on my new MacBookPro, the thing is the website has only Installer version Version 8.4.21 as a download. Will 8.4.21 work for me in this case?

http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-se ... wnload#osx

Re: How do I move all my PokerTracker data to my new MacBook

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:38 am
by WhiteRider
If you made a backup that will restore into newer PostgreSQL versions too. We currently recommend 9.3 if you're installing manually, but 9.0 which PT4 installs automatically (when you install on a machine which doesn't yet have PostgreSQL) will work fine too.

Re: How do I move all my PokerTracker data to my new MacBook

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:23 pm
by HondaKid
WhiteRider wrote:If you made a backup that will restore into newer PostgreSQL versions too. We currently recommend 9.3 if you're installing manually, but 9.0 which PT4 installs automatically (when you install on a machine which doesn't yet have PostgreSQL) will work fine too.


I just completed the Restore From Back Up. Something is not right as I'm missing 3,000 HU matches of nearly 12,000. Where do I go from here?

Re: How do I move all my PokerTracker data to my new MacBook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:47 am
by WhiteRider
A PT4 database backup stores the database exactly as it is, so it isn't possible to lose just some tournaments. Check that you don't have a filter enable which is hiding them.
When did you make your backup? Is it your latest tournaments which are missing? (They may have been played after the backup was made?)

Re: How do I move all my PokerTracker data to my new MacBook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:59 pm
by HondaKid
WhiteRider wrote:A PT4 database backup stores the database exactly as it is, so it isn't possible to lose just some tournaments. Check that you don't have a filter enable which is hiding them.
When did you make your backup? Is it your latest tournaments which are missing? (They may have been played after the backup was made?)


All looks to be sorted at this point. Thanks for the quick assistance, PT is very good about that aspect. On another note, as I now have a terrific MacBookPro with a retina screen, I'm wondering when PT will be retina friendly. Currently the typeface is somewhat blurry or pixelated.

Re: How do I move all my PokerTracker data to my new MacBook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 pm
by kraada
DPI Awareness is on our list of features we'd like to get to but I can't give a specific timeframe for it at this point in time.